HOME | FOREIGN PILOTS | FIRST FLIGHT | PRE-SOLO | SPORT PILOT | RECREATIONAL PILOT | PRIVATE PILOT | PROFESSIONAL PILOT | ACCELERATED PROFESSIONAL PILOT | INSTRUCTOR | MULTI-ENGINE CLASS RATING | MAINTENANCE | STAFF | STUDENTS | SERVICES & RATES | PHOTO GALLERY | AVIATION LINKS | AIRCRAFT FOR SALE |
Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, the Federal Aviation Regulations, are provided here for your reference. To review most FAQ's about getting started in flying, this link is provided to the FAA site for your convenience. The information is based on FAA's rules, but is in a simplified form. You can read the FAA rules on pilot certification in Part 61 of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
1. Be at least 15 years of age.
2. Be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
1. Applicable sections of parts 61 and 91 of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
Airspace rules and procedures for the airport where the solo
flight will be performed.
Flight characteristics and operational limitations for the make
and model of aircraft to be flown.
1. Proper flight preparation procedures including preflight planning and preparation, power plant operation and aircraft systems.
2. Taxiing operations including run-ups.
3. Take offs and landings including normal and crosswinds.
4. Straight and level flight and turns in both directions.
5. Climbs and climbing turns.
6. Airport traffic patterns including entry and departure procedures.
7. Collision avoidance, wind-shear avoidance and wake turbulence avoidance.
8. Descents with and without turns using high and low drag configurations.
9. Flight at various airspeeds from cruise to slow flight.
10. Stall entries from various flight attitudes and power combinations with recovery initiated at the first indication of a stall and from a full stall.
11. Emergency procedures and equipment malfunctions.
12. Ground reference maneuvers.
13. Approaches to a landing area with simulated engine malfunctions.
14. Slips to a landing.
INSTRUCTOR: 10 hours flight @ $36.00 plus 6.0 hours ground @ $24.00 = $ 504.00
TRAINING MATERIALS: Pilot log book, flight manual, technical manual = $ 200.00
TOTAL COST $ 1817.00